Happy 2009 to all! I've only written or typed that number a few times, so it seems so weird. All the decorations are put away and the business of preschool, Awanas, etc. has begun. No more staying in our pajamas until noon. :)
It's good to get back in the routine, but the Lord did that in an interesting way for us. On Monday, after having back pain for a few days, I began having back spasms. Not sure if any of you can relate to them, but not fun. Looking back on how that day went I can see Gods hand in it all. My back was hurting while I was playing on the computer, so I decided to walk to the mailbox and stretch. Well, I made it as far as the end of our driveway and I had to lay down in the middle of it. I just pretended I was fine as I knew that one of my best friends, Carli, would be bringing home Tyler from preschool at any moment. Fortunately, that is exactly what happened, but for whatever reason, she had her mom with her too. So, Carli found the right pressure point in my back to stop the spasms long enough for me to get in the house and her mom was able to take care of the kiddos.
We came to the conclusion that I would not make it in a car ride. So, we called the ambulance. Very weird seeing men in the same uniform as my hubby in my house. :) They responded amazingly fast. My parents took care of Ty and Shelby and Carli and I were off to the hospital. Jason left work and met us there. Long story short.....they believe I have a herniated disc. The cure is bed rest, some walking, and patience! The last one is the hardest.
I have to admit that the first day was nice just resting and watching TV, but I quickly became ready to get back to my normal routines. I have a feeling that will be a while from now.
Today is Wednesday and I feel slightly better. I'm being a good patient and am basically in bed all day except to go potty. Jason and I both said this morning, "I wonder what lesson we are to learn from this". Not completely sure of that answer yet, but no there is an answer.
So, for those of you that have known and are praying, bringing us meals, and calling to check on me.....Thank you and we love you.
On a happier note....Shelby turned 1 on Friday. Yippee! We had a fun little party at my parents with a "daisy" cake and opened a few presents. She has already learned the technique of giving her baby a bottle. We will celebrate more at Ty's Bday party later this month.
Ty is as happy as ever. Loves being back at school and just keeps coming to me and hugging and kissing me while I'm laying down. I guess we've done something right in raising him so far. :)
Please pray for Jason. He is everything to us in the family right now. Cook, cleaner, nurse, daddy, etc..... A lot for one person. He will be off work until next Wednesday. I should be moving by then.
Love to you all and happy new year!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Beginning a New Year
Posted by The Bunn's at 5:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
What a cutie pie! Grandma sure loves you. Happy 1st Birthday Shelby!!
Melanie and Jason,
We are surely praying for you and your precious family. Melanie we pray your back heals fast and throughly. Jason our prayers are for your stamina and patience as you've assumed both Dad and Mom roles simultaneously!
We love you all very much.
Melanie - Keep resting! I bet that's hard to stay out of the business of the house, but I bet you'll be glad later on! Sorry for all the pain, too! I can just see you laying down in the driveway.... that's crazy!!!
Hi Melanie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Please let me know if I can do anything. I love to see pics of the kids. I miss seeing you!
Jami
Post a Comment